Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 June 2021

Birds


 2021 Charity Shop Purchases 27 - Birds (CD Single)

Birds is a CD single of a song which appears of  Dreamlands the 5th album from Aztec Camera from 1993

One I picked up in a local charity shop back in March 2018  

As was the way of things back in the 90's there were two different versions of the CD single released.CD 1 obviously had the title track plus Working in a Goldmine and Knife. Not bad but not in the same league as the one I picked up CD2 which as well as Birds features Somewhere in My Heart, Oblivious and Good Morning Britain.

I've got  Oblivious on High Land Hard Rain and Somewhere in My Heart on Love and they have both graced these pages before. I think it is the first time that I have had Good Morning Britain which they recorded with Mick Jones in a physical format and for that reason alone that makes this a brilliant find.

Aztec Camera - Birds

Aztec Camera - Somewhere in My Heart

Aztec Camera - Oblivious

Aztec Camera with Mick Jones - Good Morning Britain


 


 

1 comment:

  1. What were Somewhere in My Heart, Oblivious and Good Morning Britain doing as the extra tracks on a CD2 single? Was there an Aztec Camera "best of" around this time that needed promoting? Or are they alternate versions or something? Really surprising.

    ReplyDelete