Search This Blog

Monday 21 December 2020

The Godfather

 


I watched The Godfather the other evening and what a terrific film it is.
Second only in Mafia films to Goodfellas - a statement which may well spark some debate.

Goodfellas of course has a frozen pizza named after it  and is the 2nd most popular brand in the UK and the number 1 in it's home country Ireland

I was going to say that there wasn't a Godfathers Pizza but I see that there is a  franchise with 453 locations on the US. Anyway I digress.

I found myself singing  I put horses heads in peoples bed's  from I Am The Mob by Catatonia and it got me thinking about what else I could come up with.

Here are the results. Any takers?






10 comments:

  1. The Godfathers are a personal fave, great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dylan's Joey of course, the Fall's Psycho Mafia maybe? And anything by Mark Stewart + Maffia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I watch The Godfather I have to watch Godfather 2 and then end up watching Godfather 3 which is always a mistake and which I always vow to never watch again. So why am I so curious to see this Death of Michael Corleone recut?

    Prince Buster & Al Capone for me btw.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know of a CodFather chip shop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Godfather II would be my number one Mafia movie. Jimmy Helms gets my vote from the 4 songs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An old song written by Al Jolson has been covered by loads of people - Sonny Boy.
    Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio but wrong cultural demographic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fine selection of tunes, though I never really dig gangster movies. They all seem to follow exactly the same plot. I'll give you Goodfellas though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Electronic had a song called Gangster. As you would expect from that genre, the music won't make you think of the mafia at all.

    Goodfellas is my favorite Scorsese film... and that's saying something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. But The Sopranos (all 7 seasons) beats them all in my humble opinion.

    ReplyDelete