Search This Blog

Monday 30 March 2020

That Summer Feeling



Well that's us now in British Summer Time. True to form it was freezing yesterday morning before turning into a fairly nice day.
The BMX Bandits cover of That Summer Feeling popped up on the I-Pod the other morning. Given the  situation we are currently facing with over  a 1000 deaths now recorded  I must confess that I felt a lump in my throat.
However, I will refuse to believe that we are on top of the virus and that it is officially  summer until Drew posts the Jonathan Richman original.

BMX Bandits - That Summer Feeling

Jonathan Richman & the Modern Lovers - That Summer Feeling

1 comment:

  1. No comments? Unbelievable. This is JR at his sublime and plangent best, you can feel your youth and the heat of this type of day as he sings. It's still another couple of months away for us but from where we all are now, it just seems achingly unattainable.

    ReplyDelete