Search This Blog

Thursday 26 March 2020

Sweet Talk and Good Lies



2020 Charity Shop Purchase 23 : Heather Myles - Sweet Talk and Good Lies

Apologies once more for The Strawbs. I'm not sure if you will ever forgive me.
Hopefully my third purchase from the Wigton Community Shop with go some way to making amends.

Some wonderful honky tonk from Heather Myles with Sweet Talk and Good Lies her 5th album from 2002 on the Rounder label.
It joins the previuosly featured Untamed (1995) and Highways and Honky Tonks (1998) on the Americana shelves - all charity shop purchases.
Her song  Nashville's Gone Hollywood from this album featured in my Memphis v Nashville series narrowly beating Sheryl Crow's 100 Miles from Memphis.

Wiki states that  her honky tonk singing is in the Bakersfield sound -style and has been likened by many to that of Dwight Yoakam and the man himself makes an appearance on the album.

I know that fellow fan Ernie Goggins will approve

Heather Myles - Sweet Talk & Good Lies

Heather Myles & Dwight Yoakam - Little Chapel



1 comment:

  1. I think Ms Myles was listening to some Dwight Yoakam records. Sounds like you got a good album.

    ReplyDelete