Search This Blog

Thursday 23 May 2019

The New Thunder Review


As I've mentioned before the only time I buy a music magazine these days is when I'm on holiday. Therefore all these holidays (allegedly) are costing me a fortune.
This time around my magazine of choice was Mojo who think we are already into June with a compilation called The New Thunder Review presumably to accompany the main article which was about Bob Dylan - clearly his turn this month.
From my point of view it is a belter. I've stuff by 11 out of the 15 acts so clearly it is right up my street.

My first choice is the obligatory Dylan cover this being provided by Margo Price.
The second is from one of the new to me acts Wooden Wand which I have since discovered is the stage name of one James Jackson Toth. If all his songs as as good as this I will be exploring further.

One I strongly suspect which will feature again

Margo Price - Most Likely You Go Your Way And I'll Go Mine

Wooden Wand - Sacrificial

No comments:

Post a Comment