Search This Blog

Monday 27 May 2019

Please Be Mine


I thought that  I had  featured Please Be Mine the 2017 debut album on Captured Tracks by Austin based Molly Burch before but apparently not.
I bought it as a Christmas present for myself  in 2018 which I figured entitled it to feature in My Record of the Year for 2018.
At the time my description was Haunting Americana with shades of Paula Frazer and Tarnation..
Nothing has changed since then.
Indeed Wiki states that her music reflects heartbreak and loss something that Tarnation did in spades.

She swiftly followed it up in 2018 with First Flower also on Captured Tracks

As you can see from the song titles she is a very polite young lady.

Molly Burch - Please Forgive Me

Molly Burch - Please Be Mine

2 comments:

  1. Both of her albums are terrific. As you would expect, she is a little more polished and professional on the second album, but I like the bedroom sound of the first album and almost always go to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely tracks there. Got to add her to my wants list now. Damn!

    ReplyDelete