Search This Blog

Sunday 30 December 2018

Howlin' Tommy Terry


Howlin' Tommy Terry sounds like the kind of guy who could get a gig with the legendary blues and soul label Chess Records. If it wasn't a made up name that is.

My last charity shop foray of the year saw me visiting Clarkston Toll on  the southern fringes of Glasgow and coming away with three CDs and one vinyl album.
One of the three CDs was a Mojo compilation from August 2015 entitled Chess Classics.
Many of the artists have featured here before along with some of the songs.

Today you are getting Howlin' (Wolf), Tommy (Tucker) and Terry (Callier)
See what I did there?


Howlin' Wolf - Spoonful

Tommy Tucker - Hi-Heel Sneakers

Terry Callier - Ordinary Joe

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I didn't. Although I'm pretty sure I have a gospel album somewhere by Rev. Clarkston Toll and His Apostles of Joy

      Delete