Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 August 2015

Certains Nouvelle Musique Française


The debut EP from French band Nevski on a new indie pop label Out of Map popped into my in-box the other day. And it is rather lovely.
Nevski are Rodolphe , Quentin, Simon et Leonard and the EP is available for a very reasonable price on bandcamp

Here's a wee preview




Staying on the French theme I'll leave you with someone more familiar the formidable mademoiselle Francoise Hardy

Francoise Hardy - Tous les Garcons et les Filles

Francoise Hardy - Le Temps de L'amour


6 comments:

  1. Doubt anyone would disagree with that statement.

    The Nevski track is rather lovely too. Nice find CC.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice indeed, both the tune and the clip. I was going to say that I've nevski heard of them, but luckily thought better of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to see you all find my girlfriend Francoise so lovely. Beginning to wake up now.

    I don't pay much attention to these inbox invasions, but I had Nevski on my short list for posting too. A rare find from an email blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A rare ear of wheat in a field of chaff Brian!

      Delete
  4. I got a very nice handwritten note from Rodolphe with my copy of the EP wishing me happy listening. A nice touch

    ReplyDelete