Search This Blog

Thursday 14 December 2023

Ultraviolet Battle Hymns and True Confessions

 


One of my highlights of the year was seeing The Dream Syndicate along with Rain Parade at the Hug and Pint back in March.

A highlight of the highlights was having a brief chat with Steve Wynn and getting him to sign my copy of their latest album  Ultraviolet Battle Hymns and True Confessions which I picked up on the night

The blurb on the Fire Records Bandcamp page reads The brand-new album from The Dream Syndicate blends vintage Krautrock, Eno-like ambience, Neu-inspired rhythmic groove and a Californian sun baked sheen into their classic psychedelic, melodic, hue.

Regular readers could be forgiven for thinking that I would be out of my comfort zone with that description but they would be wrong there. As Treblezine comments it skews toward the more cosmic and freewheeling psychedelic end of country-rock. And that's fine by me

The Dream Syndicate - Where I Stand

The Dream Syndicate - Straight Lines

5 comments:

  1. "blends vintage Krautrock, Eno-like ambience, Neu-inspired rhythmic groove"
    sounds right up my street, so I will be playing it via bandcamp this morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Having a brief chat with Steve Wynn". I have no time for name droppers, as I was saying to Chris Norman from Smokie just the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The album was not right up my street. It wasn't even in next street along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't chime with me sorry, not even in a Solstice bells kind of way

    ReplyDelete