Search This Blog

Sunday 17 December 2023

Shazam Sunday 3

 


Today's two tracks are taken from an ITV biopic called Archie the story of a young man called Archie Leach who had a troubled background in Bristol before moving to America where he morphed into Cary Grant.

These two songs are taken from the first episode. There may have been other interesting songs in the other three episodes but we never got that far as it was utter tosh.

Shazam advises me that this version of Jet Boy, Jet Girl was recorded by Crocodiles who may or may not be from San Diego. There seems to be a few bands called Crocodiles so that sounds like a job for Rol  Jet Boy, Jet Girl was written by Elton Motello about a 15 boy's sexual relationship with an older man, who then rejects him for a girl. You will recognise the tune as it is the same one as Ca Plane Pour Moi by Plastic Bertrand.. Apparently the two songs were simultaneous adaptions of the same backing track. I'm sure lawyers were hovering.

I recognised the cover of Abba's The Day Before You Came but Shazam beat me to it at in identifying that it was by Blancmange


Crocodiles - Jet Boy, Jet Girl

Blancmange -The Day Before You Came



1 comment:

  1. I'll add Crocodiles to this list.

    I was quite looking forward to watching this as I like both Cary Grant and Jason Isaacs. You've put me right off now.

    ReplyDelete