Search This Blog

Sunday 3 December 2023

Shazam Sunday

 


I was beginning to get fed up with recognising but not being able to pinpoint snippets of  music that I heard on the telly, films or elsewhere. Therefore I became probably the last person on the planet to download the Shazam app onto my phone.

Initially I didn't bother with the source of the music but now I have begun to take a note of where the song first popped up. I have enough for a few weeks and thereafter depending on how often I use it  intermittent posts may follow. I shall restrict myself to two songs at a time.

The picture above is a bit of clue as to where the first song appeared. Yes it is Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer from the great Gone Fishing series. This particular snippet featured just music as opposed to lyrics. It sounded vaguely familiar and a quick Shazam revealed that it was Hotel Room by Richard Hawley from Coles Corner which I have on the shelves.

Today's second tune comes from one of the earlier programmes in the current Shetland series. It was a very small snippet coming from a radio in the background of a scene. Mrs CC and I almost simultaneously shouted out "that's the Fannies" Yes but what song and from what album? Shazam quickly confirmed that it was indeed Teenage Fanclub with What You Do To Me from Bandwagonesque.

More Shazaming next Sunday.


Richard Hawley - Hotel Room

Teenage Fanclub - What You Do To Me

5 comments:

  1. I have no idea what you are writing about

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great theme for a series, CC. It's black magic, I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have the Shazam app either. I generally just google "TV SHOW NAME" + soundtrack and find a full list of what was featured in every episode. I've even gone to the effort of compiling a few playlists based on shows that select particularly good music choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and the guy in the Shetland episode was wearing a TFC t-shirt! and then two episodes later he's dead in a ditch... might have been self inflicted after Gerard Love left...

    ReplyDelete