Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 December 2023

Trains and Boats and Planes 6

 



It's back to me this week unfortunately  and we are running a day late - that's the joy of public holidays for you.

As is traditional we start with trains with the great Robyn Hitchcock confessing that he often dreams of trains. He is also a great fan of trolley buses and that should keep Ernie happy should I ever get back round to buses.

I have significantly less boat and plane songs than train songs but thankfully this week Grandaddy come to the rescue with a ditty about the boat in the barn.

Featuring Jet Boy, Jet Girl recently on Shazam Sunday got me thinking that Jet Boy by the New York Dolls would be an appropriate plane song for this series.

At the moment the plan is to keep this series going for as long as I can source versions of Trains and Boats and Planes.  This week Billy J Kramer and the Dakotas do the honours .

More transport related tunes next week/next year






3 comments:

  1. Mr Hitchcock is a cultured man so I would expect no less of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's face it, Billy J Kramer's version is hard to beat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with Khayem about Billy J's version. A quick shufti through my collection shows trains heavily outnumbering boats and planes but I can make some air and sea suggestions if you need to send out an SOS

    ReplyDelete