Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 November 2023

Trains, Boats and Planes

 


I was thinking about trains, boats and planes songs and whether I had enough for a series and wondered whether I had thought of this before. 

It turns out that I have - sort of .. I featured some songs from the album Trains, Boats and Planes by The Frank and Walters in April 2021 and pondered as to whether there was a series in it.

Nothing happened until now when I thought about it again over the weekend and decided to give it a go. Let's do it.

One thing is for sure being a Country music fan I will not be short of songs about trains. However not every train song is a country song. Why even The Only Band That Matters has a train song on London Calling.

I don't have as many songs about boats but there are enough for a few weeks. Let's start with Madness and Night Boat to Cairo . I suspect that would be considerably slower than Primal Scream's Big Jet Plane.

I actually have a song called Trains, Boats, Planes by It's Immaterial which I'll feature today but will resist the temptation to subject you to it again as the series progresses.

More transport related songs next Tuesday






9 comments:

  1. And once again the humble omnibus is excluded. I am appalled by the media's persistent anti-bus bias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! A chance to include this...

      Delete
    2. I think I used up all my bus songs on my 60th birthday post!

      Delete
    3. https://charitychicmusic.blogspot.com/2021/07/bus-pass-day.html

      Delete
  2. Madness must be in the air today.

    I'm along for the ride until I have to disembark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one gets me every time…

    https://youtu.be/j3CTzYosbrQ?si=Is8H-fXcfG1u3Fsu

    JM

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite Lulu track (!!!) is Neil Diamond's The BoatThat I Row. Boat tracks tracks don't come much boatier than this.

    ReplyDelete