Search This Blog

Sunday 19 November 2023

Watch the Birdie

 




News came out last week that Camera Obscura are doing a short tour in May 2024 - details here

The final date is at Glasgow's Barrowland and I managed to get my ass into gear and acquire a ticket. It should be good.

Although familiar with a number of their songs as is often the case I was a bit late to the party. However I have since managed to pick up the majority of their back catalogue.

We also saw them play a fantastic concert in Glasgow's Saint Lukes on 5th August 2019 which was one of my gigs of that year as demonstrated in my end of the year gig review

05/08   St Lukes - Camera Obscura - 9/10
First time I have seen them and their first concert for a couple of years not that you would have known. Some magnificent musicanship complimented the wonderful voice of Tracyanne Campbell.

The blurb for the tour alludes to some new songs being featured so hopefully a new album will pop up in due course.. In the meantime they have returned to Merge Records and Underachievers Please Try Harder and Lets Get Out of this Country have recently been re-released

Here are three of their most famous songs.

Camera Obscura - French Navy

Camera Obscura - Let's Get Out of This Country

Lloyd, I'm Ready to be Heartbroken




3 comments:

  1. Oh, great that you're going to see them. I would love to as well, I wonder if I can get to the London gig, hmm... Three perfect songs there, CC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, none of the dates/venues are going to be realistic for me so I'll console myself with these three excellent choices, CC. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Khayem as we live in neighbouring villages in the SW - come on Camera Obscura - we would love to see you..

    ReplyDelete