Search This Blog

Saturday 25 November 2023

11

 


Now that I am retired I can just about remember the day of the week but as for the date - forget it.

On Monday it dawned on me that the 11th anniversary of Charity Chic Music was towards the end of November. At first I was concerned that I may have missed it but a quick check confirmed it is today. There you go, we have made it through another year - who would have thunk it?

It is probably the community and the camaraderie that keeps me going especially when I am devoid of motivation and/or ideas.  We have a shared love of music and other common interests but it is much wider than that.

As we all get older we all have our own trials and tribulations and often also health issues both physical and mental. I think we can all take comfort in the knowledge that the blogging community is here for us even it is people we have never met. I say this confidently as it has always been the case with those  that I have had the pleasure of meeting. Long may it continue.

I suppose I should get round to the music. The Smithereens album Eleven does not contain any eleven songs but I have found four songs and two acts which do.


Edinburgh School for the Deaf - Eleven Kinds of Loneliness

Lee Hazlewood - Ten or Eleven Towns Ago

Terry Hall and Mushtaq - Ten Eleven

Blondie - 11:59

One Eleven Heavy - Too Much Too Much

Eleventh Dream Day - I Could be Lost

This week's Saturday Shuffle will be on Sunday!

15 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary. It seems longer, and I mean that as a compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're still one of my Go-To blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lucky to be in the Top Ten Go To blogs!

      Delete
  3. Happy 11th blog birthday CC. Always in awe of your daily posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blog birthday CC. Cracking selection of 11 songs too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blogging birthday CC. Swc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogversary, CC. Long may you reign.

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday- starting secondary school next September?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Late to the party as always, I hope there’s some cheese & pineapple on cocktail sticks left!

    Happy 11th birthday to CCM. I heard the term “prenager” this week to describe someone’s 11 year old, so I guess this is the blogging equivalent. I expect the move from soul to sulk music any day now…!

    Seriously CC, I love your blog, it brings a smile to my face every day, the choice of music is impeccable (today no exception) and just think of all the charity donations you’ve made as a result!

    Raising a glass to you tonight. Congratulations! (and please keep going!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I went a bit OTT with the exclamation marks there….

      Delete
  9. End of week so very late to add my congratulations on your remarkable 11th milepost achievement - so late in fact that you're now well on your way to your 12th - hope you're sourcing tracks for when that comes around. Spirit's The Twelve Dreams of Doctor Sardonicus is one to bear in mind - great album too.

    ReplyDelete