Search This Blog

Saturday 18 November 2023

Saturday Shuffle 28


 

If you were to type Sanctified Soul into the search button on this page you would find a significant number of posts. Indeed it has already featured in this series as part of Saturday Shuffle 22

I make no apologies for featuring it again given that it is quite simply one of the greatest Soul Compilations of all time namely Sanctified Soul on the Ace label . I defy anyone to tell me I'm wrong. Today's offering is the magnificent I Stole Some Love by Don Covay ( pictured above) & the Goodtimers.

I'm not sure how you follow that but follow that we must. Here is R&B singer Amos Milburn with Down the Road Apiece the first track from another excellent compilation Uncut's - The Devil's Music - Keith Richards' Personal Compilation of Blues ,Soul and R&B Classics yours on Discogs from as little as a pound.

We conclude this week with a song from one of my favourite albums from 2019. Still Here Now is taken from These Times by the mighty The Dream Syndicate which was released on the Anti- label and which you really should have.

Enjoy.

Don Covay & the Goodtimers - I Stole Some Love

Amos Milburn - Down The Road Apiece

The Dream Syndicate - Still Here Now


5 comments:

  1. You have a search button??? How do I get one of those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Added! This is going to save me hours! Thanks CC

      Delete
  2. You are of course wrong, it's Take Me To The River (I am currently listening to cd2), and it's a compilation you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, you are right. I misread. It is one of the finest.

    ReplyDelete