Search This Blog

Monday 27 November 2023

Finally It Happened To Me

 




2023 Charity Shop Purchases #88 Ce Ce Peniston - Finally

Finally it happened to me. CC plays Ce Ce. Right in front of my face and I just can not hide it Sometimes these posts just write themselves.

Six charity shops visited over the weekend - two in Auchterarder, one in Dunkeld, one in Pitlochry and two in  Bridge of Allen. One CD purchased for the grand total of 50p - Finally by Ce Ce Peniston a Steve Hurley production from 1982 and on the A&M label.

I would imagine that you are all familiar with the title tune.. It has troubled the UK singles charts on three occasions. Firstly in October 1991 for 7 weeks peaking at number 29. The re-issue in March 1992 was much more successful charting for 8 weeks and reaching number 2. It charted again in September 1997 for 5 weeks peaking at 26. The album sold over half a million copies in the US and peaked at number 10 in the UK.

To be honest I would have been happy with a CD single as the other 9 tracks aren't much cop. As it was the early 90s a  track Finally (Somedub Mix) at 7 minutes and 7 seconds is sneaked it at the end as a bonus.

Good song that it is I'm not totally convinced that this one is a keeper.







3 comments:

  1. "I would imagine that you are all familiar with the title tune#
    No, I'm playing it now and I have no recollection of ever hearing it. Strangely, it's quite listenable. And much better than Susan Fassbender

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good song and somewhat surprised to find it here today. CC meets Ce Ce is obviously a first class blog post

    ReplyDelete