Search This Blog

Sunday 26 November 2023

Saturday Shuffle (on a Sunday ) 29

 


Saturday Shuffle is a day late this week after yesterday's birthday celebrations but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

We are starting this week with the wonderful Nadine Shah. She has been on a break for a couple of years but has recently started touring to promote her forthcoming album Filthy Underneath. Sadly I never found out about her gig at King Tuts until it was too late. Today's offering Walk is from her previous album 2020's Kitchen Sink

Next up is one of the top five songs of all time. I think I could play it every day for the rest of my life and never tire of it. It is that good. I am talking of course about the mighty Ever Fallen in Love With by Buzzcocks. What.A.Song

How do you follow that? Quite simply you don't. It is however always good to wind down with a little Bobbie Gentry with the effortlessly sultry Okolona River Bottom Band.

Good news you will only have to wait six days rather than seven for the next instalment.


Nadine Shah -Walk

Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen in Love With

Bobbie Gentry - Okalona River Bottom Band

7 comments:

  1. I have a Finnish version of "Okalona River Bottom Band". Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fine selection.

    Mercury Rev & Norah Jones also do a good version. Not as good as the original, obviously.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTOI4qhp3o0

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great shuffle there CC. Did you catch the Bobby Gentry TV series broadcast recently on BBC Four? Rekindled my girl crush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never saw that C .Must investigate further

      Delete
    2. It was good - some interesting guests as well. I did of course mean to spell her name Bobbie, not Bobby, there too!

      Delete