Search This Blog

Thursday 9 November 2023

Teenage Fanclub at the Tramway

 


The last two concerts I have been to have been by Teenage Fanclub.

On Friday 22nd September I went to see them play a short in store show at Mono where I picked up my copy of their new album Nothing Lasts for Ever. It was the night before my holidays so I didn't have the opportunity to listen to it for a couple of weeks.

I have now had that opportunity and in my opinion it is considerably better that their previous one 2021's Endless Arcade.

I also acquired tickets for their concert on 5th November (Bonfire Night) at Glasgow's Tramway which is not far from where we stay. Conscious of the aging demographic of their fans this was a show at a seated venue and accordingly I was accompanied by Mrs CC who does not do standing up shows or sweaty basements.

As you would expect it was a fantastic show and as you would  also expect a good few of the songs from the new album featured - half a dozen to be precise - setlist attached  I am pleased to report that Mrs CC thoroughly enjoyed it

For a more detailed review of the show I am going to refer you to uber fan Murray over at the wonderful Everything Flows blog. He has done a far better job than I could ever do.

It was only my 12th gig of the year but I've a further  two lined up over the next two weekends. Details/Reviews  to follow.

In the meantime I will leave you with the first and last song from Sunday's show.

Teenage Fanclub - Tired of Being Alone

Teenage Fanclub - Everything Flows


7 comments:

  1. No U.S. dates announced. I’ll have to live vicariously. Thanks to you and Murray. The new album is a pretty good listen. - Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are playing in Australia and New Zealand early next year so you never know

      Delete
  2. "Only my 12th gig of the year.. " you don't have young children do you CC? Swc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do think I manage to have a Music Room?!

      Delete
    2. I'll have managed half that by the end of 2023...and that's an improvement on 2022! Determined to get back to double figures next year.

      Delete
    3. Hit my bakers dozen on Saturday!
      Review tomorrow

      Delete