Search This Blog

Monday 7 August 2023

The Boys with the Perpetual Nervousness

 


I braved the chaos in Glasgow's city centre on Friday night with many roads closed due to the World Cycling Championship.

I was at a gig at the Old Hairdressers with three acts. The Cheese were playing their first gig for 25 years and Aberdeen band The Vapour Trail  were the headline act. However the act that I was there to see was an acoustic set by Andrew Taylor and Alan Shields from Dropkick.

They played a number of songs from Dropkick's latest album The Wireless Revolution and it was duly purchased. They also played a few songs from Andrew's other band The Boys with the Perpetual Nervousness a Scottish/Spanish band which features Andrew and Gonzalo Marcos.

Both bands were brought to my attention by our dear friend Brian. I've featured Dropkick on a couple of previous occasions here so here are a couple from TBWTPN from their albums Songs From Another Life and The Third Wave Of ... . If you like them (and you would be foolish not to) you should visit their Bandcamp page.

The full Dropkick band will be playing Glasgow's Glad Cafe in November and my ticket has already been purchased.

The Boys with the Perpetual Nervousness - Waking Up in the Sunshine

The Boys with the Perpetual Nervousness - The Stars Go Round


3 comments:

  1. Living the dream, my friend. The Wireless Revolution is my album of the year so far. - Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Old Hairdressers would be a better band name than any of the actual band names you mention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Envious. I wish they'd venture down south occasionally.

    ReplyDelete