Search This Blog

Saturday 5 August 2023

Saturday Shuffle 16

 


This series doesn't seem to have generated much interest. This is probably because people take part in Rol's Saturday Snapshots and then go off and do weekend kind of things.

And that's fine by me as it is a series which requires minimum effort and allows me to do likewise. The usual drill today three songs from a random shuffle of the songs on my gym MP3 player

First up this week is Zoe Muth with Somebody I Know a track from her 3rd album 2014's World of Strangers on the Signature Sounds label. More info on Zoe here

Zoe is followed by Buffalo Tom from their compilation ASides from Buffalo Tom (1988-1999) Today's track Taillights Fade originally appeared on their third album 1992's Let Me Come Over.

Finally we have Whiskeytown who were an Americana band who released three albums between 1995 and 2001 all of which are worth having. There lead singer was Ryan Adams at a time before he disappeared up his own backside with his egotistical and objectionable persona.. Houses on the Hill is from 1997's Strangers Almanac although in this instance it is taken from the compilation Rough Guide Shops Country 1 from 2003 which is well worth tracking down.

More assorted nonsense next Saturday.

Zoe Muth -Somebody I Know

Buffalo Tom - Taillights Fade

Whiskeytown - Houses on the Hill

4 comments:

  1. We're interested CC, who needs weekend kind of things

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the blame for everything!

    A good selection today. I like Zoe Muth, but don't think I've got that particular album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always check it out but as I view on Friday nights I've usually run out of steam by the time I get around to it!

    ReplyDelete