Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 August 2023

More Devil Women

 


I've checked my in- box and I don't appear to have any more Devil posts from George to share with you. You just can't get the staff! If I've missed one, my apologies

Seriously I have enjoyed his input and I know from the comments that some of you have to.

I started this series in mid July with some Devil Women. Here are some more this week. No Cliff Richard this time around as you can have too much of a good thing.

Let's start then with Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins with Run Devil Run from the brilliant Rabbit Fur Coat album from as far back as 2006. Gosh.

North Carolina's Sarah Shook first recorded band was Sarah Shook and the Devil so it is only right that she features here. That band was short lived and her next project was Sarah Shook and the Disarmers. I got her song Devil May Care  of a  Bloodshot Records Sampler from the Classic Rock Magazine from Spring 2020.

It was a fair bet that at one stage Lucinda Williams would eventually get around to writing about the Devil on sure enough on 2020's Good Souls Better Angels album she pops up with Pray the Devil Back to Hell.

Finally we are off to New Zealand and Nadia Reid with Get the Devil Out which I have from a Mojo compilation  2020's In My Life- Mojo Presents the New Singer-Songwriters. There is some good stuff on here. So much so that I am going to dig it out and give it a spin if I can find it.*

I'm not sure whether this series has run out of legs or whether it will re-appear next week.

Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins - Run Devil Run

Sarah Shook and the Disarmers - Devil May Care

Lucinda Williams -Pray The Devil Back to Hell

Nadia Reid - Get the Devil Out

* I couldn't find it!


5 comments:

  1. Clearly you need a better filling system in the Charity Chic Warehouse. (I picture something like an Amazon warehouse, only a little bigger.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought in may be in my Mojo Overflow Shoe Box but sadly not

      Delete
    2. Two more from Mojo Overflow Shoe Box after the news....

      Delete
  2. Can you imagine any serious music lover NOT having an overflow shoebox, overflow storage space or overflow anything? Having 30 trillion tracks 'in the cloud' just isn't the same. © old fogey

    ReplyDelete