Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 August 2023

Jon "Lucifer " Langford

 


I'm happy to report that George has taken temporary control of this series.

Take it away George:

Gospellers are a happy  bunch. A happy-clappy bunch at times. Their albums are positive, singing the praise of their lord, looking forward to meeting them in the afterlife.  And there’s more than a plethora of gospel albums easily available. Your diabolists, well, I’ve not got any relevant albums on my shelves (despite the devil allegedly having the best tunes), where followers sing and clap their approval for their lord, looking forward to meeting him in the afterlife. Which is maybe understandable, hell doesn’t really get very many positive reviews. But maybe that’s because those reviews come from the gospeller section of society who I suppose by definition are not very well disposed to those who worship the anti-christ.


I don’t know if Jon Langford is a follower of Satan, but four of his (musical) incarnations have some devilishly good songs:


The Three Johns - Devil's Music


The Mekons - Lucky Devil


The Waco Brothers - Devil's Day


Jon Langford and Skull Orchard - Devil's Replacement


I’ve seen the Mekons twice, both times they played to a depressingly small audience. I can’t claim to seeing the Waco Brothers, though, despite driving 100 miles for the gig - I drank far too much and fell asleep in the venue.


CC writes: Thanks George. Mr Langford is devilishly good. Unfortunately I've never seen the Mekons but I have seen the Waco Brothers on a couple of occasions and managed to stay awake!

I'm happy to report that George will be back next week.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. There is one more I have done and I am compiling one more (that I have yet to tell CC about)

      Delete
    2. George - I won't breathe a word about you have to mention to CC. Your secret is safe with me.

      Delete