Search This Blog

Saturday 3 September 2022

Another Merle Infusion

 


When I last posted something by Merle Haggard our dear friend Ernie was so concerned about the paucity of the music that I had by him that he immediately administered an Emergency Merle Infusion which was gratefully received.

This time round Mrs CC has come to the rescue with the purchase of two Merle albums from 1977 - one pretty good and one truly awful.

The picture above is of the pretty good one Ramblin' Fever and I am sharing two tracks from that one for you

We now come to the elephant in the room


My Farewell to Elvis ( a quick cash in following the King's death on 16th August 1977) is worse than you could possibly imagine. It starts with a Merle composition From Graceland to the Promised Land and then it is covers all the way up to the final track Merle's Farewell to Elvis which is all of 17 seconds long.
His cover of In The Ghetto is just about the only one which passes muster but obviously is not in the same league as Elvis and the likes of Candi Staton.


Merle Haggard - If We're Not Back in Love by Monday

Merle Haggard - In the Ghetto


3 comments:

  1. I hope you'll post a couple more from "Merle Cashes" in. "If we're not back in love..." is a good song, the first one a bit ordinary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I do you have given me the title for the post!

      Delete
  2. I am intrigued by the 17 second farewell to Elvis. Does he just say "Thank you very much, Elvis has left the building"?

    I agree with George about "Monday". Millie Jackson does a nice version: https://youtu.be/W9TQZ7fVwO0

    ReplyDelete