Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 July 2015

Baez Sings Dylan



The world and his wife have covered Bob Dylan songs over the years.
Surely, however, few have more entitlement to do so than Joan Baez.
Baez was already an established star when she first met Dylan in 1961 in Greenwich Village and apparently he did not make an immediate impression.
However as their paths increasingly crossed they became involved in an on/off relationship documented here

Joan Baez - Forever Young

Joan Baez - Simple Twist of Fate


Their relationship also features in the great D.A.Pennebaker documentary Don't Look Back covering Dylan's 1965 tour of the UK.
Here Bob and Joan get stuck into a bit of Hank Williams





4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what my favourite 'Joanie Sings His Nibs' tunes would be, she's pulled some good 'uns out of the hat over the years. I guess 'Love is a Four Letter Word' has to be up there though, if only to imagine how Bob himself might have tackled it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd just like to say I cannot stand any Dylan song Joan has been near. I'm not saying she's all bad but she knew how to ruin Bob for my ears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good to hear some different opinions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Singing Bear on this one. She ruined Simple Twist of Fate in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete