Search This Blog

Thursday 24 February 2022

Sad Songs For Dirty Lovers

 



2022 Charity Shop Purchases #11 - The National -Sad Songs For Dirty  Lovers.

No not Frank Sinatra's follow up to Songs for Swinging Lovers but the second album from The National from 2003 on the Brassland label.

At the weekend I was at a record fair in a pub in Shawlands a district in Glasgow's South side relatively near to CCM HQ.. Naturally, I made a few purchases which will feature here in due course. Equally naturally I also hit the charity shops and  came away with a mini haul of three purchases, this being  the first of them.

The National were a band that passed me back at the time but over the last couple of years  I have picked up  in (and featured here) their 3rd album Alligator (in August 2020) and their 4th  Boxer (November 2020)

That's 3 down  now and 5 to go. They are described as indie rock but I find that they fit relatively neatly onto my Americana shelves . I also have acquired a copy of singer Matt Berninger's excellent 2020 solo album Serpentine Prison.

There is a song on the album that I dare not feature for fear of tempting fate. A few of you may be able to work it out from the track list. Instead I have gone for the opening track Cardinal Song and track 9 Trophy Wife

The National - Cardinal Song

The National - Trophy Wife

3 comments:

  1. Here you go again with your irrational fear that you'll be swamped by a 90 mile water wall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete from Minnesota25 February 2022 at 03:23

      ��

      Delete
    2. Pete from Minnesota25 February 2022 at 03:31

      Blogger's preview displays emojis, but its published comments don't?!
      Anyway, good one Mr. Goggins.

      Delete