Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 April 2020

Babble










One of the records that I was playing over the weekend was the 10 inch single of Big Decision by Derry's second greatest band That Petrol Emotion. That's one for the blog I thought although I had a sneaking suspicion that it had featured here before. I was right, way back in November 2013 to be precise. A reference to an old blog that didn't last the pace in there.


Next best thing then was to feature the album version from Babble their second album from 1987 and their only proper chart success reaching number 30 in the UK album charts.


Good though it undoubtedly is it may even be overshadowed by the final teack on the album the brilliant Creeping to the Cross.
Jingle jangle indeed


That Petrol Emotion - Big Decision


That Petrol Emotion - Creeping to the Cross

Sod it - here's the extended version

That Petrol Emotion - Big Decision (Extended Version)



6 comments:

  1. Yes, just what I needed to start the day with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Takes me back to the Mudd Club in Aberdeen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Big Decision' still sounds really fresh, hadn't heard it in years and years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first car used to sound like the opening of Creeping To The Cross when I turned the key to start it...It was a very "musical" car.
    Spot on Creeping To The Cross is just about my favorite Petrols track.
    The Petrols only ever played 3 shows in NYC and I went to all three. They were massive live.

    ReplyDelete