Search This Blog

Friday 3 April 2020

Heavy Soul Volume 2


Is it just me or does the cover picure of George Clinton on Mojo's Heavy Soul Vol.2 look a bit like the Coronavirus? Or, maybe things are beginning to get on top of me
Is association with their feature piece on Jimi Hendrix Mojo are offering up 15 hits of Psychedilic funk, Black Rock and Cosmic Slop ...
You won't be surprised to hear that the likes of Funkadelic, Shuggie Otis, the Last Poets and Love appear as well as Hendrix featuring with Lightnin' Rod

I've gone for Mrs Miles Davis. Betty Davis was briefly married to him when she was 23 and him 42 before his violence led to a swift seperation. She had previously met Hendrix and is purportably the subject of his song Dolly Dagger.

Leon's Creation were a San Francisco band led by Leon Portillo with some fairly obvious comparisons to Sly and the Family Stone.

Get down and get with it

Betty Davis - Walkin' Up the Road

Leon's Creation - This is the Beginning


2 comments:

  1. It does look a bit like Coronavirus but without those red bits sticking out.
    I've found that stopping watching the news and current affairs programmes helps me stay reasonably positive.
    And, if all else fails, I can just start in on my prescription for Olanzapine which gets me all mellow.

    :)

    ReplyDelete