Search This Blog

Thursday 23 April 2020

Hymn on the 45


About 18 months ago when charity shops were still a thing I picked up the eponoymous debut album by the band Allo Darlin' from back in 2010.
At the time I commented that it wasn't the first thing of theirs that I had as I picked up a digital copy of their single Hymn on the 45  from Bandcamp upon its release on 29th November 2016 again on the Fortuna Pop! label.
This was the final thing they released around the time of their short number of farewell gigs
So there you go the first album and the last single but I've nothing in between.
Here's their valediction before the wanderlust kicked in.
So long baby.

Allo Darlin' - Hymn on the 45

Allo Darlin' - Wanderlust

8 comments:

  1. One of the dogs has just been sick, but has cleaned it up afterwards. Is that a better start to the day than yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probaly - 20 miles down a deserted motorway for another groundhog day

      Delete
    2. I asked him but he said it was no reflection on your choice of music today

      Delete
    3. I can beat that, George. Cat had a shitty bottom again and rubbed it all over the kitchen work surfaces and window sills. I had to clean all that when I got up.

      I do like All Darlin though.

      Delete
  2. I don't own anything by Allo Darlin', other than odd tunes downloaded from blogs over the years. I really should put that right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't go wrong with any of their releases. My personal favorite is the middle album Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I wonder which planet I'm living on. Since lockdown as everyone says (groan) I've been introduced to Ken Bruce's 'Pop Master' quiz and, several times a week I'm reduced to not just not knowing the 'hits' mentioned but never even having heard of the band/artist and it'll turn out they've had 13 hits! Same here with Allo Darlin'. Never heard of 'em. These tracks sound pretty fair so will check them out further. Anyone remember Charlie Drake? His catchphrase was ' allo darlin'. It's my age you know

    ReplyDelete