Search This Blog

Monday 27 April 2020

Heaven or Hell


I'm beginning to get a wee bit stuck for inspiration so am floating a potential new series by you.
A fairly simple concept -a song with heaven in the title versus one with hell in the title.

On the heaven side it is only fitting that we start with the recently sadly departed John Prine whose When I Get to Heaven makes the thought of dying a bit more palatable.
However if you haven't amassed enough Brownie points you may well end up going Staight to Hell. Don't say The Clash didn't warn you.

Heven or hell - which would you choose?

John Prine - When I Get to Heaven

The Clash - Staight to Hell (Single Edit)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds a promising series. Hell again (sorry, Mr Prine)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prine heaven, as late period Clash never did it for me. Promising series indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd go to heaven with John Prine any time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John's Heaven hands down.

    I was going through real turmoil a few years ago after my mum fell and ended up in hospital (think you'll remember). I had to decide on what to do going forward and on the way to visit her at the hospital one evening John's song came on the radio. It really struck a cord as I really wanted to ask my dad for advice on what to do but he had died a few years previously. If anyone was likely to have ended up in heaven (rather than the other place) it was my dad and I the song was such a happy one where you could do all the things you wanted to do and meet up with people from the past. Makes me emotional still especially as John has now left us.

    ReplyDelete