Search This Blog

Friday 10 April 2020

The Clash In The Middle


I was recently listenin to RESIST! by the Waco Brothers which features protest songs they have recorded over their 25 years on the Bloodshot label

One of the songs featured is I Fought the Law made famous  by The Clash  but which was written by Sonny Curtis of The Crickets  and which was recorded by the Bobby Fuller Four as far back as 1966

So I now have three versions of this song and if I post them chronologically The Clash are in the middle hence the title of the post.See what I did there?

What's more I have another similar example which I will feature shortly.You can thank me later

Bobby Fuller Four - I Fought The Law

The Clash - I Fought The War

Waco Brothers - I Fought the Law

3 comments:

  1. The Mandatory Mento Version: https://youtu.be/B2gR5a4WUEg

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You can thank me late"
    We'll see

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is also a sweaty pub rock version by Ducks Deluxe
    https://youtu.be/AdvzELKEmRE

    ReplyDelete