Search This Blog

Monday 6 April 2020

Hello Mary Lou


Last weekend on his brilliant Saturday Snapshots series the answer to one of Rol's conundrums  was the song Some Jingle Jangle Morning by Mary Lou Lord.
I got the answer right but only after FBCB had down some of the legwork.

After listening to the song I thought I would track it down with a view to acquiring it only to discover that I already had it. This is not an uncommon occurance.

I only appear to have two more of her songs. One is a cover of Richard Thompson's wonderful Beeswing
Mary Lou started out as a busker doing acoustic covers such as this before attracting a degree of internet interest. This may have been because at the time she was dating Kurt Cobain just as Nirvana were achieving international fame, something that I was blissfully unaware of until now.
I would hazard a guess that he may well have been the inspiration for the final song featured below

Mary Lou Lord - Some Jingle Jangle Morning

Mary Lou Lord - Beeswing

Mary Lou Lord - His Indie World

3 comments:

  1. I have a few more tracks by her but not any actual albums. I could have sworn she'd featured here before though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think she may have made a brief appearance in my Burnt Offerings series

      Delete