Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 April 2020

Covers 15. The Hilbenders do The Who

George writes:
A bluegrass version of a famous song. I prefer Elton John’s version to the original,  but I do like this one as well, , by The Hillbenders.




And if you do NOTHING ELSE, even if you don’t play the above track, I can’t recommend this video highly enough, I cannot urge you strongly enough to play this, it is absolutely bloody brilliant




Talvez mais uma versão proxima semana. Talvez não.


CC writes:
I went to check whether I had a download of the Elton John version and I found I had a copy of this

Mudgrass - Pinball Prison Blues




5 comments:

  1. There's probably a third and fourth version out there too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not quite bluegrass, but I wonder if you've heard the "punkabilly tune" - "Purty Vacant" by The Kingswoods?

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcWI7Ag8SZs

      Delete
  2. Argh - A clown singing Pinball Wizard. I shall have sleepless nights (although strangely transfixing).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those silent glances from camera to camera at the end of the video mean that I'll be sleeping with the light on tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it sacrilege to say you prefer the Elton version. (I might do too... it's a close call.)

    ReplyDelete