Search This Blog

Monday 9 October 2017

Tom Petty Highway


That's the holidays finished then. Back to auld claes and porridge as my Gran used to say.
A few new goodies to share with you.
But firstly a reference to the sad death of Tom Petty.
I didn't have the wherewithall to do a post at the time but read the many fine tributes others posted.

When we go married in Skye we stayed in a Highland blackhouse in the hamlet of Clachamish.
We were taken by how much the view of the road reminded us of the cover of Into the Great Wide Open.
The A850 as opposed to The Kings Highway it will always be our lasting memory and reminder of Tom Petty.
Rest easy Tom.

Ton Petty & the Heartbreakers - Learning to Fly

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Kings Highway

4 comments:

  1. Nice tribute CC, good to have you back. Hope you had a fine old time and have returned with plenty of charity shop bounty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Swede says above nice tribute.
    I was not a big fan of Tom Petty so I thought I would leave the tributes to others. One of my mates at school was a huge fan, he was also the one who bought the first two Velvets albums but didn't like them and swapped them with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely memory and tribute, CC. Welcome back. Can't wait to hear what you picked up on the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may live to regret that Brian!

    ReplyDelete