Search This Blog

Monday 14 September 2015

World Without Tears


I have long been an admirer of the great Lucinda Williams and have all her records up to and including 2007's West. I have still to acquire her last three.
If pushed I would have to say that Car Wheels on a Gravel Road is my favourite. However 2003's World Without Tears certainly comes a close second.
Described by All Music as an album predominantly about co-dependant, screwed up love it contains some of her rawer and more personal songs with her heart firmly on her sleeve
Righteously and Those Three Days certainly come into this category. I have read somewhere that the latter is about her relationship with Billy Mercer who played bass with Ryan Adams and subsequently Lucinda.

Although primarily ballads it has a rocky feel with a band consisting of Doug Pettibone on guitar, Taras Prodaniuk on bass and Jim Christie on drums

Lucinda Williams - Righteously

Lucinda Williams - Those Three Days

2 comments:

  1. I only know Car Wheels On A Gravel Road which I agree is a great album but her contribution to the Rogue's Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs and Chanteys CD is worth a listen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A new one on me Spence.Will try and check it out

      Delete