Search This Blog

Sunday 20 September 2015

Some Sunday Soul


Are you in need of uplifting? I know I am.
Who better  then to feature than Pops,Mavis, Cleo and Yvonne Staples known collectively as The Staple (no s) Singers
They were at the peak of their success in the early 70's on the mighty Stax label with the albums Be Altitude: Respect Yourself and Be What You Are.
I was originally going to include a couple of their lesser known songs but pretty quickly came to the conclusion that you can't improve upon perfection.

More Soul next Sunday (possibly)

The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There

The Staple Singers - If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)

4 comments:

  1. Is this the start of Sunday Gospel?? Some say that would be a splendid idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gospel may well feature as I am running out of Soul but probably not exclusively

      Delete
    2. Just what I need this morning, a bit of the Staple Singers and a bottle of Irn-Bru

      Delete
  2. Thanks for turning this Sunday around.

    ReplyDelete