Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 May 2024

This is Modern Folk

 


2024 Charity Shop Purchases #23 - Various Artists - This is Modern Folk

I know what you are thinking. What's going on? He is busy downloading compilations prior to dispatching them to charity and he goes and buys another one!

Two main reasons for this. It has been a couple of weeks since I made a Charity Shop purchase and I was beginning to get a bit twitchy!

More importantly it is a Folk compilation and there is room in the Folk section on the shelves so there is no need for it to go in the boxes on the floor which are slowly being cleared. Also it is on Cooking Vinyl (from 1998) and I already have a few of their Compilations/Samplers.

Oh, and it has the late great Jackie Leven on it with Desolation Blues. What's not to love?

Next up is Billy Bragg with The Boy Done Good. Billy has appeared here on countless occasions but I think this song is making its debut.

Finally we have Chuck Prophet with New Years Day. In May? I'm afraid so as it is never going to appear on New Years Day proper as that is reserved for Hank Williams and Townes Van Zandt. I'm sure Chuck understands and is happy to stand aside.


Jackie Leven - Desolation Blues

Billy Bragg - The Boy Done Good

Chuck Prophet - New Year's Day

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the DTs. After a holiday and being away from my CDs/iTunes library for even only a few days I'm desperate to get back to my musical creature comforts. Having my iPod is only a temporary stopgap. As for that Billy track - is my mind playing tricks or have I really not heard it before? Great song anyway.

    ReplyDelete