Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 May 2024

On Your Bike - Brian

 


It's Transport Tuesday once again but from this week our choice to transport has changed from buses to bikes.

I gave some advanced warning and a couple of suggestions have come trickling in including these ones from our dear friend Brian

Brian's first suggestion was a very  simple one namely Bicycle by Mark Olson and Gary Louris from their 2008 album Ready for the Flood. I have this album by the two Jayhawks but I hadn't listened to it for a while and  it was not on the hard drive and so was not on my initial list

Brian then goes for a band who were a pseudonym for XTC in the late 80's. Yes, here are none other than the Dukes of Stratosphear with Bike Ride to the Moon.

It wouldn't be Brian if he didn't include some jingly jangly pop from the Bay Area. Here than are Chime School with Get a Bike.

Finally we have the one that I found hardest to source. The Claim were an English indie rock/pop band from Kent who were active between 1985 and 1992. From 1990, on the Caff Corporation label, Mike the Bike was the b-side to Birth of a Teenager and features Vic Templar.

Thanks for these Brian you may now dismount. Ernie it's time to get those bicycle clips on and saddle up!

Marc Olson &n Gary Louris - Bicycle

The Dukes of Stratosphear - Bike Ride to the

Chime School - Get a Bike

The Claim - Mike the Bike

3 comments:

  1. I may need some stabilisers.

    Your mention of bicycle clips reminded me of this: https://youtu.be/5ktXxhC5dcU?si=f0vidBsZmm3Lcsu1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very proficient cycling, Brian.

    I hope we find room in this series for the only Pink Floyd song I care for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, especially the Dukes Of Stratosphear and The Claim (who were completely new to me but couldn't help thinking it sounded like Chris Packham's voice!) Thanks to you both, I enjoyed the ride. Agree with Rol too that I hope there's room for one particularly joyful vintage Bike!

    ReplyDelete