Search This Blog

Sunday 26 May 2024

Sunday Highway Songs - 8

 


I've just looked at that picture and it definitely says Carefree Highway as opposed to Carfree Highway. That would be a different beast altogether

When it comes to Carefree I suspect that there were few more carefree than Gordon Lightfoot who wrote the song Carefree Highway .According to Soundfacts.com Lightfoot got the idea for this song from a road sign he saw just north of Phoenix, Arizona. The Carefree Highway intersects I-17, and leads to Carefree, Arizona, a small community north of Phoenix.

He goes on to say I thought it would make a good title for a song. I wrote it down, put it in my suitcase and it stayed there for eight months. And that folks is how you write a song

We have previously had Ghost on the Highway by The Gun Club. Now we have Haunted Highway by The Daintees. There is something spooky going on. Spoiler alert- there are another couple of scary ones further on in this series

Iggy Pop on the other hand is just content to sing a Highway Song.


Gordon Lightfoot - Carefree Highway

The Daintees - Haunted Highway

Iggy Pop - Highway Song

3 comments:

  1. Agreed even although I'm a late convert

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Ain't nothing gonna take my road away. Ain't nothing gonna take my road away...♫ ♫ ♫" (earworm, be damm'd)

    ReplyDelete