Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 May 2024

After The Morning

 


2024 Charity Shop Purchases #26 - Cara Dillon - After the Morning

Had I not lost my enthusiasm for the recent Home Nations series the next entry could well have been the Folk Home Nations.

Had that been the case the Northern Ireland representative would have been Cara Dillon. Many years ago I picked up her 2003 album Sweet Liberty in the (sadly missed) Record Library and subsequently burnt it. 

I was reminded of this when I saw the 2006 follow up After the Morning in a Charity Shop for 50p and thought it would be foolish not to pick it up. I find it interesting that both albums are on the Rough Trade label one I wouldn't necessarily associate with Folk Music.

This is her third album (she is now up to 7 studio and 1 live ones)  and is produced by her husband Sam Lakeman. They write the majority of the songs with a couple of traditional numbers thrown in for good measure.

Here's one of each:

Cara Dillon - Here's a Health

Cara Dillon - The Snows They Melt the Soonest

No comments:

Post a Comment