Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 May 2024

Even Serpents Shine

 


2024 Charity Shop Purchases # 30 - The Only Ones - Even Serpents Shine

I like to post my Charity Shop purchases chronologically but sometimes there are exceptions. For example if I pick up a couple by the same band I like to stagger them a little. In the case of Monday's Helensburgh post I wanted  to get it out there while it was still fresh in my mind. Old age does not come itself after all.

Therefore it jumped the queue in front of one I got in Cupar as we returned home from St Andrews. One, in fact, that I am pretty chuffed with and which I suspect will be one of my best charity acquisitions this year.

From 1979 Even Serpents Shine on the Columbia album was the second album by The Only Ones. Although I have had the eponymous 1978 debut album on vinyl for years I think this may well be the first time that I have ever heard this album.

I am however familiar with a few of the tracks as they feature on The Only Ones Peel Sessions CD which I persuaded my dear old Mum to pick up from Virgin Records for my Christmas in 1989.

Here are two which feature on both.

A find!

The Only Ones - From Here To Eternity

The Only Ones - Miles From Nowhere




2 comments: