Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 November 2022

Housekeeping

 


With the CDs now exceeding 2000 (not including burns and the majority of Various Artists/Compilations still be be counted) space is very much at a premium.

I am trying to be more discerning with the ones that I am bringing in and it is maybe time to consider a one in one out policy.

The thought of getting rid of any brings me out in hives but realistically there is a fair amount of dross on the shelves which I  never listen to.

I've made a start - albeit a very small one with 3 CDs from the rock/pop section going to charity( three new ones came in the other day from my most recent charity shop excursion!).  Had I got them more recently they would not be keepers. I'm getting slightly better at letting go.

There is maybe one song from each that I might listen to again but I have copied the entire albums onto the hard drive - just in case! They can go eventually when it gets clogged up. 

It's a big step! And so it is goodbye to Bachman Turner Overdrive - The Collection, Babybird - Ugly Beautiful and New Radicals - Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too. These were all charity shop purchases from 2013 and probably haven't been listened to since.. They have now been expunged.


Bachman Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

Babybird - You're Gorgeous

New Radicals - You Get What You Give

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good idea. I could make a needlessly juvenile comment about you getting rid of those Springsteen and U2 albums you have. But I won't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you won't
    One U2 album which is not mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While there is obviously a limit to how many CDs you can fit in a house before you have to buy a bigger house (which generally proves quite pricey), I've found hard-drives are a little easier to upgrade. I currently have a 2TB HD for my music... although I'm guessing that within the next year I might have to upgrade that to a 5TB one. Just to be on the safe side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the fact that there's a box marked "Declutter or Donate". Is there another, unseen box labelled "Destroy"?!

    Good choices, though I can't help thinking that out there somewhere is a "Drivetime" compilation featuring all three on one CD...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear! There must be space somewhere. Even if it is inside a box forced into a corner of the bottom of a wardrobe......or behind all those out of date tins of soup in the kitchen.

    I can't get rid of anything.....no matter how much I look at something on the shelf and ask myself. 'what in the hell possessed me to buy that.....and at full price too!!'

    ReplyDelete