Search This Blog

Monday 31 October 2022

Wicked Game

 



 2022 Charity Shop Purchases #65  -Chris Isaak - Wicked Game

Until a couple of weeks ago I had no albums by Chris Isaak. With the purchase of Wicked Game as the final choice in my Ballater 4 for a pound selections I now have two. Like Corporation buses - none for ages then two come along at once

It is perhaps fortuitous that Beyond the Sun came first as it would probably have been sacrilegious to feature it so soon after the death of Jerry Lee Lewis.

Wicked Games from 1991 on the WEA label is a compilation on the back of the success of the title song following it featuring on the David Lynch film Wild at Heart and also as the theme to Twin Peaks. It originally featured on his 1989 album Heart Shaped World,

His cover of Blue Hotel was originally on his eponymous 1987 second album but was not commercially successful.It was subseqently re-released following the success of Wicked Game reaching number 17 in the UK Singles chart .

For those of you who like the music but not the voice on Wicked Game I'm throwing in the instrumental.

Chris Isaak - Wicked Game

Chris Isaak - Blue Hotel

Chris Isaak - Wicked Game (Instrumental)

2 comments:

  1. God, is it really 31 years since I bought this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only and only Chris Isaak album I own. I thought I did well when I bought it for a quid over a decade ago! I remain a novice in the presence of the master.

    ReplyDelete