Search This Blog

Friday 21 October 2022

Hanging Stars Live

 


London's The Hanging Stars describe themselves as  masters of a captivating meld of blissful psychedelic folk and harmony-laden cosmic country,

The last time that I posted about them I wrote:  Should they ever come to Glasgow I can guarantee that you will find me in the audience. Well the good news is that they are playing in Stereo tonight and I will be there . Hopefully I can pick up a copy of their latest album Hollow Heart which I currently only have digitally.

Their three previous albums are all available on their Bandcamp page and they are all worth having.

Unfortunately Dropkick and Starry Skies are playing at the Glad Cafe on the same evening. I would have been at that had the Hanging Stars not been playing. Fortunately I've seen them both before and as they are reasonably local - Dropkick (Edinburgh) and Starry Skies (Glasgow) I would imagine that I will have many more opportunities to see them again.

A match report at a later date

The Hanging Stars -Ava

Dropkick - A Matter of Time

Starry Skies - I Want You to Know

4 comments:

  1. Very good and with Gerry Love ex Teenage Fanclub as support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonus! That was quite a pickle, but your argument was sound. Seems you made the right choice. Hope you get to see Dropkick soon. - Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really impressed with that Hanging Stars track, played it twice and nicked it too! Don't know why I feel I ought to compare them to anyone but I had a real sense of (amongst others) Early Morning Onwards era Barclay James Harvest (believe me this is a compliment!). I'll follow up on them. Honourable mention too to Starry Skies tho' I'll forgive them their lyric!


    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like that Hanging Stars track - very charming and timeless (if you had told us it was an obscurity from the late '60s/early '70s I would have had no trouble believing you.) Glad to hear it was a good gig.

    ReplyDelete