Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 October 2022

Early Elton

 


 2022 Charity Shop Purchases #57 - Elton John -  Greatest Hits 1970 -2002

We took a day trip from Carrbridge to Nairn on the Cromarty Firth. Despite having been there on about half a dozen times in the past it was the first time that we actually made it to the beach for a walk.

Needless to say we also hit the charity shops. Slim pickings I'm afraid. Two vinyl Vintage Country albums which I'm not sure that I can bring myself to foist upon you and the above CD.

A double CD with 17 tracks on each CD. I suspect that I will very rarely play the second CD if at all. CD 1 is a different story - there are some tremendous songs on it and Candle in the Wind.
It was hard to limit myself to three but you can have too much off a good thing.

Benny and the Jets remains my favourite song by him.John Medd also featured it recently which lead to an interesting trail of comments.

Take it away Reg




4 comments:

  1. First album I ever bought was Elton John's greatest hits. Not the album you feature of course. By the way, have you got Tumbleweed Connection? (My copy is vinyl so am unable to help you out)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a pretty good find for a charity shop in Nairn, even if you do only listen to CD1. Those early songs really were quite something. If he'd retired in the mid 70s, his work was done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now then ... from CD2 you really must explore "I Want Love" and "This Train Don't Stop There Anymore" from his best album in years, 2001s 'Songs from the West Coast'

    ReplyDelete
  4. "... there are some tremendous songs on it and Candle in the Wind."

    That made me chuckle.

    I loved Candle In The Wind until the mid-90s. Haven't been able to listen to it since.

    ReplyDelete