Search This Blog

Saturday 20 November 2021

Seen at King Tuts - My Morning Jacket/South San Gabriel

 


My Morning Jacket 

Sunday 23rd November 2003           £8.00                       Ticket No GA1 10

I am not a fan of My Morning Jacket and under normal circumstances I wouldn't cross the road to see them. The reason then that I pitched up to Tuts on a Sunday night was that we were there to see the support act South San Gabriel as my pal Gogs was a huge fan of theirs.

From Denton, Texas South San Gabriel were a band led by Will Johnson and consisted of his other band Centromatic plus guests . They were promoting their 2003 album Welcome, Convalescence. They put on a good show and we managed to get a chat with Will after his set.

My Morning Jacket? I think we lasted a couple of songs before retiring to the bar. Given that it was a Sunday and with work in the morning I suspect that we probably left before they finished their set.
They appeared to be promoting their album It Still Moves and the show got a very positive review in The List so maybe it's just me?

I couldn't tell you the name of any My Morning Jacket song and have nothing by them other than a couple of tracks one from a Mojo compilation from July 2009 Red Hot and Regal - Kings of Leon Roots, Friends and Influences and Uncut's High Numbers -15 Tracks of the Best New Music from May 2015




No comments:

Post a Comment