Search This Blog

Monday 22 November 2021

Narrow Stairs

 


2021 Charity Shop Purchases 88  - Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs

When we were on holiday I picked up a copy of Plans by Death Cab For Cutie in Kingusie. I knew that I had one album by them but of course I couldn't remember which one. Of course when I got home I found out it was this one I had and a copy went back to charity.

A couple of Friday's ago I popped into Some Great Reward records in Glasgow's Victoria Rd at lunchtime (one of the advantages of being retired) to hear Louis Abbot and Sarah Hayes playing a few songs from Admiral Fallow's new album The Idea of You. Naturally I bought a copy.

I thewn crossed the road and headed to the Oxfam music shop. I came away with one piece of vinyl and 3 CDs for 2 pounds.

One of the three CDs was Narrow Stairs the 2008 follow up to Plans on  the Barsuk label. I picked it up safe in the knowledge that I didn't have it.

Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Possess Your Heart

Death Cab For Cutie - The Ice is Getting Thinner


7 comments:

  1. This is the first time I have knowingly heard anything by this lot. I think it was the stupid name that out me off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you don't have a massive spreadsheet/catalogue of your collection. It needs to go with you on your travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where's the fun in that!
      Developing one as a retirement project.About 5% in so far

      Delete
    2. This brings up a huge issue for me when record shopping... remembering what I actually own on CD and what is only digital. Particularly as when I was hard up a few years back, I sold lots of my CDs to make ends meet, and now I'm looking to replace them. But I definitely need a catalogue.

      DC4C are a good band. The stupid name, as I'm sure George will know, comes from the Bonzos.

      Delete
  3. We here in the state of Washington proudly claim DC4C and the Barsuk label as our own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this, CC. Death Cab For Cutie and My Morning Jacket are related only in as much as they're bands I've heard of, but kind of skirted past. On the basis of your posts and comments, seems like I should make time for the former and continue to skirt past the latter!

    ReplyDelete