Search This Blog

Friday 20 July 2018

Disco Friday


New series, eh? Like Corporation buses. None for ages, then two come along at once.

This one's down to Mrs CC .I came away from BRICC in Ballantrae with nothing whereas Mrs CC came out armed with a bundle including two which will form the basis of this series over the next few weeks.

First up are a couple from Disco Fever -a unique compilation of original recordings produced exclusively for Marks & Spencer. Quality.
Talking of quality, disco music does not come any better than that sung or groaned by the  Queen of Disco herself Ms Donna Summer.
Funkytown takes me back to a drunken late teenage holiday  by coach to Lloret de Mar

More songs for you to shake your thang to next Friday.


Donna Summer - I Feel Love

Lips, Inc - Funkytown

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea, CC. Two remarkable Songs from this genre. Looking Forward to next Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have I Feel Love on repeat all week and never tire of it. I find Funkytown irritating nowadays, but like you it does bring back a lot of happy memories from first time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes - I salute you Mrs CC as this series in right up my street.

    I'll go and look out my footless tights, leotard, and shiny wraparound skirt - Or maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lipps Inc and Lloret de Mar are made for each other.
    I Feel Love is as important and as great as Anarchy In The UK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just noticed the bit that says 'a unique compilation of original recordings produced exclusively for Marks & Spencer' one of the most soul destroying sentences ever written

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be an epic series!

    ReplyDelete