Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 July 2018

Little and Large


I once had the honour of exchanging  pleasantries with Sid and Eddie in a Chinese restaurant in Eastbourne.

I would love to say that that is where the inspiration for this new series came from but that would be a lie - a large lie as opposed to a little lie.
No, it was my recent Little Feat post which planted the seed. The idea is a song by an artist called little ( or something similar) followed by Large (likewise). I'm sure you get the picture.
It will run until I run out of material or more than likely enthusiasm.

To kick off it is only proper that we feature another Little Feat track.. For large I'm kicking off with Big Mama Thornton.

More little and large offerings next Wednesday

Little Feat - Dixie Chicken

Big Mama Thornton - Hound Dog

8 comments:

  1. Genius idea. Will we get Sid Vicious and Eddie Floyd I wonder...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid idea. Crap photo, putting me off my cucumber and toast, but nevertheless, great idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just give us advance warning before you do Little Jimmy Osmond and 'Romeo' by Mr Big

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Big were the first band I ever saw - supporting Queen at the Glasgow Apollo

      Delete
  4. I demand to know what pleasantries were exchanged.

    Other than that, good idea, carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My memories of working in Eastbourne in the summer of 81 are somewhat blurred!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea but no, we don't want to see Little Jimmy Osmond appear anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete