Search This Blog

Friday 27 November 2015

I've Been Driving in my Car ...


I was scanning the shelves looking for something when I stumbled across Drive Time - 100 Classic Driving Anthems.
One of these box sets that you buy in a super market or a service station and not something I am guilty of buying so I suspect this one is down to Mrs CC.
A fairly eclectic but also fairly mainstream compilation ranging from the pretty good to the down right awful with all things in between.
Two or three caught my eye.
How's about a number one from 1972 courtesy of Chicory Tip?
Then there is 5-7-0-5 from City Boy. Funny how I can remember a number 8 from 1978 yet would be hard pushed to name a number one this Millennium.
Then we get all modern by dipping our toes into the 90's with The Farm
I'll spare you the other 97 - meantime!

Chicory Tip - Son of My Father

City Boy - 5-7-0-5

The Farm - Groovy Train

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sadly not - a Skoda wouldn't look quite as impressive

      Delete
  2. Chicory Tip - wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do realise that old 'blaming responsibility for ownership on your poor wife' schtick ain't gonna work? Admittedly, I've used it meself on occasion. The tracks you've posted are so-so respectable, I challenge you to post a few more - they can't all be bad.

    ReplyDelete